Sunday, January 22, 2012

Running over the Intercoastal

Friday after work my manager, coordinator and myself decided to tackle the Beach Blvd bridge over the Intercoastal. I'll just start by saying that was probably the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. No joke you guys! This bridge is so steep! Its half a mile one way then half coming back. i ended up jogging up half the bridge then walked to stretch my leg muscles, ran down walked half... you get the picture. I ended up conquering that bridge in 15:48 which isn't too far off from my normal mile. I will say that my quads were throbbing. I seriously thought I was not going to be able to walk the next day. I could barely drive home, made it in the bath to relax those muscles and on the couch I went.



{this picture doesn't do it justice! I promise its a lot steeper than it looks}







This morning when I woke up I was ready to run again. I have no idea what has gotten into me but I love running. Why i've never ran before beats me but I'm so proud of myself for how far I've come. Only 2 weeks left before my big 5k so pray that I can do this.

-JennaDK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover