Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cupcakes In A Jar

I had a few people ask me how I made these! It's simple & fun. First I went to Wal-Mart and bought 24 mason jars- cleaned them out- and left them to dry. {Like this}




Then I started mixing the cakes batter together- measured out a cup of batter into 4 or 5 different bowls- then put food coloring on them to give it the vibrant colors. {sorry no picture here} Filled 2 cupcake pans {24 slots} full without the wrappers and baked them.

Next, I started making the homemade icing. I got the recipe here and its absolutely to die for! Except I only add 1 stick of butter and 8 ounces of cream cheese in the icing.

After the cupcakes cooled off I cut them in half- added a layer of icing in the jar-topped with half a cupcake-more icing- then the top of the cupcake- and added -yes- MORE icing!

My mom helped me close each jar then held the jars while I added the cute little ribbons. Put them all in a basket and it's a cute little gift for everyone to take home with them.


1 comment:

  1. ITS AWESOME! Im not hosting a party but ive been wanting to do something like this just to do it! SO im going to do it and take them to a 4th of July party. :)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover